Set within 5 beautifully restored period buildings, one of which dating back to the 16th century, this unique hostel offers a selection of dormitories and private rooms on Dundee’s bustling High Street.
Centrally located, the Dundee Backpackers boasts the pedestrianised centre, with numerous shops, restaurants, museums, pubs and clubs, right on its doorstep. Within walking distance you can visit popular attractions such as Discovery Point, Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre, McManus Galleries, Dundee Rep Theatre, Dundee Law, and very soon the brand new V&A Design Museum. Furthermore, the bus and train stations are both within a 5-minute walk of the hostel.
Each building reflects the style and character of the time in which it was built. There are featured fireplaces, plaster cornices and windows of all shapes and sizes. All of the buildings even have their own little ‘museum’ full of information and artefacts from the buildings' history.
With an unbeatable location, friendly staff, comfortable beds and an international atmosphere, Dundee Backpackers Hostel is the best place to stay whilst in Dundee.
We have a self-catering kitchen, a dining room, a TV room, a pool room and a huge games room with internet and a piano. The Hostel also has unique areas you won’t find anywhere else: a reading room with its own library, rebuilt after the centuries-old original one, and a music room with its own records player and hundreds of vinyls to choose from!
- Check-in time between 13:00 and midnight
- Check-out time between 8:00 and 10:00
- No curfew: 24 hour keycard access
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Free Wifi in the games room
- 5 minutes walk from train and bus station
- Central heating
- Towel hire
- TV room, dining room, reading room, music room, pool room, games room
CITY & CULTURE
Dundee Backpackers Hostel is situated in the heart of the city, a very short walk away from most of the major attractions:
- City Square (10 seconds), with its monthly farmer’s market and plenty of events
- McManus Galleries (2 minutes)
- Discovery Point (5 minutes)
- V&A Design Museum (5 minutes) (opening September 2018)
- Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre (10 minutes)
- Dundee Rep Theatre (10 minutes)
- Dundee Law (20 minutes)
All photography provided by Lara Carbone